Sunday 3 July 2011

Dream comes true for Klitschko Brothers………

But not entirely. Wladimir Klitschko claimed the WBA title to clean up the Heavyweight division with brother Vitali holding the WBC title the Klitschko brothers between them now hold every heavyweight title in world boxing but Wladimir Klitschko's dream of claiming his 50th knockout which would have been all the more special had it been David Haye will now be put on ice

A well deserved unanimous decision win over bitter rival David Haye in Germany but an end to all the suspense and guessing games in a fight that truly lived up to the expectation and the hype which seen the worlds top two heavyweights battle it out for the quickest 12 rounds I have ever witnessed. It seemed it was round 9 before I knew it and I didn’t want it to end.

Maybe I was hoping for another couple of rounds in hope of David Haye switching his game plan and putting Wladimir under some pressure as we were yet to see the best from Haye. Greatly down to Klitschko’s boxing brain, the man is a genius and knew exactly what he needed to do to win the fight with no possible arguments from Haye’s corner about the decision.

Haye did have some success but I felt he needed to push himself that little bit more. He had Klitschko rocking in the 3rd and the 12th but when he did have Wladimir on the back foot Haye stopped punching and let Klitschko regain composure. Don’t get me wrong Klitscko hardly seemed troubled but Haye had chances, limited chances but Haye had a chance that he didn’t take.

Klitschko’s upper body movement was almost as impressive as David Haye’s and for most of the fight it was a catch me if you can affair from both guys. A truly inspirational fight which finally saw David Haye shake the Hand and rightly so.

Hayes’ camp claimed a broken suffered three weeks ago became a factor and Haye said he could not land his hayemaker due to his injury. I lost a little credibility for David Haye at this point and felt it would have looked better if his camp told the media weeks ago about said injury and told the press that he was willing to fight through the injury for the fans, rather than make it look like an excuse at the end of the fight.

I fully respect David Haye’s efforts last night even though I feel he could of done more and he was a great champion in British boxing, yes not everybody likes his antics or the way he composes himself but if I remember correctly everybody loved Muhammad Ali, was the great Ali too dissimilar?.

I backed David Haye to win last night and I do not feel the slightest bit embarrassed. It certainly had all the ingredients for a boxing stew Gordon Ramsey would be proud of. I feel maybe Haye tried to use the referee a little too much and could have just got on with proceedings but the standing count was somewhat of a joke. You may say Haye went down too easy at times and I partially agree but I am sure if a man leaned on me with a two stone advantage I would go down fairly easy I would most probably stay down to be fair.

I do disagree however with the weight difference coming into play and the whole “Klitscko is a much bigger man”. Of course he’s the bigger man but anyone remember what Haye done to Valuev. Klitschko’s tactics were simply better and it pains me to say Emanuel Steward won the war of the corners. I have a great deal of respect for Adam Booth and believe he will train many world champions in the future.

Is this the end for David Haye? Will he push for a rematch? Is there any value in a rematch for Wladimir? I hope we get answers to all these questions soon. David Haye can retire with his head held high and open the doors to other British Heavyweights to try their hand on the world stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment