Wednesday 6 July 2011

John Murray’s ‘Verbal Knockout’ EXCLUSIVE

Following Kevin Mitchell’s latest claims that he will knock out John Murray come July 16th Silver Dukes gets the reaction from Murray himself and an immediate opinion that this one is going to hurt. 31-0 (18KO) undefeated Lightweight European champ John Murray certainly is not shy to express exactly how he feels about Kevin Mitchell.

John Murray immediately dismissed Mitchell’s claims that the eagerly anticipated fight North v South domestic battle is a step up in class for John who replied “this is not a step up for me at all, it is by far the other way around, I am ranked #2 with the WBC and Kevin is not even ranked inside the top 10. I have proved my worth; my last 6 of 7 wins have come inside the distance and even those fights that did go the distance I won comfortably”

“I am #1 on the domestic scene and I didn’t have to give Kev this fight but he is the only one left domestically and it is time to shut up this noisy neighbour”

I also asked John about the change of schedule due to Kevin Mitchell suffering a viral infection “so he says” added Murray “I was gutted at first but it gives me an extra week to train, I have been looking forward to it for a long time and just can’t wait to get in there and tear his head off. There has never been any conviction in anything Mitchell has said and he is just trying to convince himself when he says he’s going to knock me out”
“What has Mitchell achieved really?” said Murray “a win against Prescott who beat Amir Khan but he got destroyed off Michael Katsidis and I’m going to do the same.

"The way I see it Mitchell is in my way of a world title shot, when the first shot lands it will all set in and he will be looking to get out of there”
Murray also told me that a world title shot is literally around the corner once he gets Mitchell out of the way. The two battle it out for the vacant WBO intercontinental title which is a major stepping stone for any boxer, not really held in high regard as a title but more of a another rung on the ladder to the world stage.

I am well aware of all the hype in a build up to a fight and everyone says I am going to knock this guy out and this and that and this, but I have never heard the sheer confidence from a fighter or the wiliness of a fighter to not only get the job done but do the job well.

I previously mentioned there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance but every word from John Murray was 100% prime confidence and this war is coming to the boil nicely. Kevin Mitchell (31-1 23KO) however is no push over and boasts a similar record to Murray. My gut feeling says Murray will win and win well but we never can tell.

A big thanks to John for giving us the flame for the stick of dynamite that is North V South July 16th. We wish John the best of luck for the fight and we look forward it.

No comments:

Post a Comment