Saturday 25 June 2011

Bradley ‘Super’ Skeete chats with Silver Dukes

Bradley ‘Super’ Skeete, A 23 year old British Welterweight hopeful that only turned Pro in 2010. Super Skeete’s first Professional fight took place last October in Bethnal Green London which seen a points win over Billy Smith. It did not take Bradley long to pick up his first KO which came in his second Professional fight against Johnny Greaves, putting Greaves down in the 2nd and 3rd rounds then a points victory over Kevin McCauley wraps up this young talents perfect start.

In my opinion and tell me if I’m wrong but the welterweight division has not been as dominant in recent years since like likes of Ricky Hatton retired and the world just that used to Pac-Man making light work of just about any opponent but with future stars like Bradley Skeete and Kell Brook coming through the future looks bright and I would even go as far as saying it looks like Britain has another two world champions in wait.

UK #1 Promoter Frank Warren and Super Middleweight contender James DeGale believe the future is bright for the young gun from London. Now here is what Super Skeete told Silver Dukes Boxing news;
Dukes: How are you finding Pro life?

Skeete: I'm really enjoying being a pro. I boxed at a high level as an amateur so starting out at the bottom again working my way up is a real buzz.

Dukes: As good friend of James Degale were you as shocked as the rest of us at his performance against Groves?

Skeete: Yea I was really shocked I thought James would of changed his tactics when he see George didn't wanna stand and trade. He just walked him down for 12 rounds.

Dukes: Do you think Degale will return better than ever?

Skeete: Most defiantly. He will wanna get straight back in with a big name and show everyone he's world class.

Duke: What is in store for the immediate future?

Skeete: I'm boxing on the under card to Kevin Mitchell Vs John Murray on the 9th July.

Dukes: How far can you go?

Skeete: I wanna go all the way to the top! One day I wanna be a world champion!

Dukes: It is only a matter of time before you will be compared to Kell Brook, will this become a burden or inspire you to reach new heights?

If so early on in my career people start comparing me to Kell Brook it will only inspire me to reach new heights. Kell Brook is world class and I'm sure he will soon be a world champion. If I can achieve what Kell has I'll be a very happy man.

Dukes: What's your thoughts on the current Welterweight scene and does it need the likes of yourself and Brook to reignite the division?

Skeete: Domestically and internationally I think its a tough division. Kell Brook is knocking on the door for a world title fight and I'm a young prospect on the way up. There are some big names and fights out there at the minute for Kell. All I've got to do is keep winning and performing well and I'll be in them big fights one day myself.

Dukes: How important is it to have the right trainer in your corner?

Skeete: I think its very important. I think u need to have a very good relationship with your trainer in and outside the ring.

Dukes: Could we see a repeat of the ABA 2009 final against Heffron, do you want to settle the score or are you happy enough to slug it out with whoever Is in front of you?

Skeete: 100% I wanna settle the score! I won't chase the fight though if it happens it happens. I'm happy with boxing whoever is put in front of me.

Dukes: David Haye as we know plans to retire by the end of the year what is your thoughts on this, is the desire to leave a legacy fading in Boxing?

Dukes: I think that's a good choice. In my eyes if David beats Klitschko he would have left a legacy if he retires. He unified the Cruiserweight division and stepped up to Heavyweight and become a world champion and on the 2nd July he's got a chance to unify that division as well! He's still young got his family to enjoy and stacks of money! Good luck to him.
Dukes:Which Current Boxer do you most like to watch fight? (Pro's Choice)

Skeete: Manny Pacquiao

Dukes: Who Wins Haye/Klitschko?

Skeete: Haye!

Dukes: What can Arsenal achieve next season?

Skeete: The treble would be nice!

Frank Warren is going all out July 9th with the under card growing day by day and certainly seems worthy of opening the act for the Domestic fight of the year with two of Silver Dukes’ exclusives on the card at the Excel Arena. Make sure you look out for Bradley ‘Super’ Skeete and JJ Bird on what is simply shaping up to be one of the boxing nights of the year and potential future world champions by fist full.
As always we appreciate the time given to us by the Pro Boxer’s, especially this close to a fight. A big thanks to Bradley Skeete and Frank Warren for allowing us the opportunity to bring the Silver Dukes viewers an inside Exclusive on what the future holds for British and World Boxing. We wish everyone at Team Super Skeete the very best of luck, Remember July 9th, You heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment