Saturday 25 June 2011

Silver Dukes talks to Brian ‘The Lion’ Rose

Another Exclusive for our fans and this time we caught up with Light Middleweight English champion Brian ‘The Lion’ Rose in one of the must read Interviews in recent British boxing news. As you know, here’ at Silver Dukes it is not all about the glitz and glamour of the world stage or who said what about who? just to get a story, We write for the Boxer as well as the fans and the sort of thing you won’t get to read anywhere else you find right here. Here’s what The Lion had to say;

Dukes:What is next for The Lion?

Rose: I've had a defence of my English title, now I'm ready to fight for the British, so it all depends on prince Arron and who he wants to fight next.
Dukes: Will we see Erick 'The Eagle' Ochieng in the ring with you anytime soon ?

Rose: I want to fight for the British title next and It was said the winner out of me and martin welsh would fight the winner of Aaron + Webb, so its seems like a backwards step for me.

Dukes: How have you dealt with the defeat by Max Maxwell?

Rose: By winning the English title !! I looked past the Maxwell fight, a mistake I will never make again .. Also went to see a Psychologist called Emma James who helped me mentally get over the Jason Rushton incident ( he fell in to a coma after the fight, which was the fight before Maxwell)

Dukes: Which current boxer do you enjoy watching most? (Pro's Choice)

Rose: Recently watched Mikel Kessler’s return to the ring and think he came back with a bang, I like to think we have the same sort of styles (at different levels)

Dukes: Can Blackpool bounce back to the top flight ?

Rose: Yes, I think they can , they haven't got much money but with Ian Holloway still backing us we've got every chance as the boys showed so much heart and desire last season.

Dukes: Is a shot at Sam Webb your immediate goal and have you any doubts about facing him?

Rose: If I have to fight Sam Webb to get at the British title I will, Sam is a friend of mine but its just business, I'm sure he will say the same thing, I have no doubts as I can only get as fit as I can possibly get and do as much hard work in the gym as I can , then what ever happens, if I don't win, I just wasn't good enough, as long as I get the opportunities I deserve I will be happy.

Dukes: Do the Media read too much into a fighter losing their 0?

Rose: There's a lot of pressure on undefeated fighters keeping there 0 , but once it goes , if you can bounce back from that the pressures off , you know what its like to taste defeat , all you've got to worry about then is winning and not worrying about getting beat ( positive thinking, read a book ' the secret ' )

Dukes:What would you say was the most valuable lesson you have learned since your defeat ?

Rose: I learnt more in the Rushton + Maxwell fight than I will in my whole career , I went from seriously hurting some 1 myself , found it so hard to deal with the next fight I get knocked out myself ! I look back at the Maxwell fight now and people will think I'm lying when I say this but I'm glad it happened because now I'm a stronger and more mature fighter .

Dukes: Enough about losing what has been the crowning moment of your career thus far?
What was your favourite fight?
Rose: My most favourite fight has got to be winning the English title , it probably would of been the central area title as it was the professional title I won but with what happened it just can't be so the proudest moment of my career is winning the English title
Dukes: What was your favourite fight?

Rose: My favourite fight was probable beating Jonny Harrison for 1 reason only fellow Blackpool boxer and stable mate Jack Arnfield boxed him the fight before me and beat him on points and I knocked him out in the 2nd , so you could imagine the banter in the gym , I've never let him live it down , lol
Dukes: Just what can the Boxing Universe look forward to from Brian Rose and how far can you go?

Rose: I Wanna get my hands on that British title couple of defences , don't want to look past that so people will just have to wait and see , like I said if I'm given the opportunities, I’ll be happy.
Dukes: Who wins? Haye/Klitschko

Rose: My heart tells me haye and really hope he pulls it off but think that the fight is too hard to predict as its too top athletes in there primes who both have 1 punch knock out power , so would not like to be betting the winner
There you have it folks, truer words have never been spoken. Real thoughts from a Real Boxer on the other side of the ropes, society try to dictate to us through fancy advertising who we should follow or what products to buy but sometimes you if you dig a little deeper and break the mould you will find your own path. We all love world champions but seem to forget the path they had to take to get to the top table. Brian Rose is a fine example of just what a boxer goes through to get to where they want to be yet the world’s media won’t cover it because money talks!, Well money doesn’t talk it swears!, Money ruins our fine sport much in the same way as most sports.

The Hot topic on Silver Dukes recently is the impact a loss has on a boxer, for instance if a boxer has a poor start to his career it is tough to turn it around but nothing gets said about the 50+ fights they had as amateurs to get there, unpaid no less.
We would like to thank Brian Rose for taking time out of his busy training schedule to talk to us and give World Boxing fans the view from outside the ropes and we wish him the best of luck for the future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment