Friday 24 June 2011

Doubters Are Out on Brook’s Title Claim

This weekend’s Boxing starts at Hillsborough Leisure Centre Where Sheffield’s Kell Brook tries to become the first man to stop the well seasoned 39 year old Lovemore N’dou. Matchroom Sports latest signing is one of the transfer’s of the year in world boxing, at only 25 years old and with a record of 23-0 16KO’s Brook certainly seems all but set to take on the world. Not according to the experts, (that does not include me) I must be an amateur as I never seem to agree with these so called experts but I’ve still only got one fight wrong this year and that was DeGale v Groves so hang me.

 The Brooks v N’dou fight excites me, it has been signed for months and yet the first sign of the fight in any shape of the media only came out this morning?. It seems my “Boxing’s coming home for Brook” is one of very few Previews to the fight out there and that was wrote a three weeks ago. I am not trying to big myself up but the point I am taking the long way around to get to is, The Media has been so quiet about this fight and the first news I see of it that is not my own work is once again rubbishing a Boxer’s ambitions.

When the Brook v N’dou fight was confirmed Kell Brook joined the crew on Sky Sports Ringside and spoke of his desire to become world champion and he would fight anyone to achieve his dreams yet this morning I read about how Brook has set his sights too high and would only ever be a “Paper Champion”. WELL, you know me by now and as the self proclaimed marmite of boxing I certainly have no intentions of letting this one slip the jab. Does a 23-0 record mean nothing no more when a 14-0 Derek Chosora was all but set a world title fight at Wladimir Klitschko? Twice no less.

The Welterweight division used to be THE division when Hatton was mixing it up with Pac-Man and Mayweather but I feel the buzz has died off for the Welterweights. It seems the Middleweights and Super Middleweights are taking over but I think Kell Brook will reignite the Welterweight Division. Lovemore of course is well past his sell by date but he is surely planning to leave a stink in Sheffield tomorrow night and won’t go away easy. We would love to see the top fighters in the top fights and WBO #2 Ranked Kell Brook take on the best but these sort of fights need to happen first. How many Boxer’s out there constantly fight the top fighters apart from Carl Froch? (Another Matchroom World Champion).

Kell Brook hopes a win tomorrow night will land him a world title shot. Manny Pacquiao Certainly will not be next in line for Brook and with May weather v Ortiz being signed for September who is left?. IBF champion Jan Zaveck and WBA champion Vyacheslav Senchenko both of whom the media have said will walk through Brook yet claiming both Zaveck and Senchenko are paper champions and Brook would join the list of paper champions should he fight either man.

As it turns out if Frank Warren does not like you than neither do the media, Frank Warren of course claiming he no longer wanted to promote Kell Brook AFTER Brook made the switch to Matchroom. This is not Frank Warren’s fault the media have their own mind and Frank is a business man and will continue to produce fine Champions and top fights. Much in the same way Amir Khan the media turn their back and unless they have something bad to say they don’t say nothing, yet I always though it was meant to be the other way around?. Maybe I am doing this all wrong? Maybe I should start bad mouthing Boxer’s to get ratings? NO thanks I’ll just do what I do and wish Kell Brook and everyone involved at Matchroom the best of luck for the weekend and long may the rise of Matchroom continue.

Saturday night also sees Matthew Maklin v Felix Sturm in Germany for the WBA Middleweight title, Check “Sturm test for Maklin” for full preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment